Pages

Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Djokovic Beats Chardy To Open Wimbledon Bid

Novak Djokovic has started another winning streak.

The second-seeded Serb beat Jeremy Chardy of France 6-4, 6-1, 6-1 Tuesday to open his Wimbledon campaign, his first victory since his 43-match winning streak and perfect start to the season ended in the French Open semifinals.

After a two-week break, the 24-year-old Serb said he’s ready to kick off another run of success.

“When this streak ended in Paris, it was kind of a relief as well because it’s been a very, very successful five, six months for me, but very long as well and exhausting,” Djokovic said. “I’ve played so many matches.

“So I needed some time to relax and I’m happy to see that I’m playing well again, that I’m mentally really fresh to have more success.”


From: http://ping.fm/Rf7YK

No comments:

Post a Comment