Pages

Popular Posts

Monday, September 26, 2011

I Am A Kashmiri, Says Rahul Gandhi In Valley

Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Monday tried to strike a chord with the youth of Kashmir, saying he could well understand their sufferings as he himself has been a victim of violence. He said he had come to bring the youth into political mainstream, reports The Hindu.

Briefly speaking to journalists here, Rahul Gandhi said: “I have come to Kashmir in connection the membership drive to bring youngsters into the political stream and [to] listen to them. I had a good discussion with panchs and sarpanchs, and I am proud [of] what I heard from students and their hospitality”.

Amid tight security and a boycott call by separatists, around 1200 students of the Kashmir University and other colleges attended an interactive session with him at the convocation complex of the university.


From: http://ping.fm/aElz4

No comments:

Post a Comment